Politics, Sports, Business, Entertainment and News you will get nowhere else.

Sunday, 1 April 2018

Alleged Looters List: Secondus Gives Lai Mohammed Ultimatum To Retract Inclusion


Erstwhile National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, has opened up on his listing among “treasury looters” by the Federal Government, saying the administration, by the action, had resorted to subjecting him to double trial, in the media and in the courts. Saying the government’s resort was despite the fact that neither President Goodluck Jonathan, who authorised the release of N400 million to him, nor erstwhile National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki, who effected the release, had been interviewed about the release to him. He said  the release of the list was the latest strategy of a dirty campaign by the administration to demonise him in the face of the weakness of the case as bureaucrats in the Office of the NSA had said the N400 million was transferred to him through due process. He said the All Progressives Congress, APC, had become panicky in the face of difficulties in government as he noted that the APC administration was now determined to demonise the PDP to ensure that there was no effective opposition ahead of the 2019  general elections. Meanwhile, the National Chairman of the PDP,  Prince Uche Secondus, has given the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,  48  hours to withdraw his being listed on the alleged looters’ list. According to a statement from his media office, Secondus, through his lawyer, Emeka Etiaba,  is asking for N1.5 billion and public apology from the minister. The statement quoted the latter as asking Mohammed to note that if he failed  to meet the  demand after 48 hours, “We shall within 72 hours from today, proceed to a court of competent jurisdiction to ventilate our clients right under the law and shall further seek the protection of the court against you”.  

Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Comments made by readers of this blog are strictly the views and opinions of the writers and not that of Nedu Echianu's Blog.

Credit is given to the original sources of culled stories, but in a situation where your story is wrongfully credited to someone else, please contact neduechianu@gmail.com for an immediate correction.

For eye witness reports, stories and features which you want published on this blog please contact me on +234-8037036168 or neduechianu@gmail.com.